Winter can be a difficult time to work out! It’s a cold season! The soul will be yearning for those exciting workout sessions, but the cold weather will probably motivate you to opt for many hours under the blankets. SYM caught up with the founder of the Relentless fitness program; Gabriel Moonde on how to keep your body fit during winter. Being passionate about fitness from the tender age of 12; Gabriel turned his fondness of turning his passion for fitness into a business, and established his fitness program on the 14th of October 2020, with the sole purpose of creating a platform for people who wish to become the best version of themselves by transforming their lives through mental and physical fitness.
- Who is your biggest inspiration when it comes to fitness?
At this point, I would say myself as everything I aspire to be with fitness comes from within.
2. Which time of the day would you consider the perfect time to work out during winter?
I would say It all boils down to personal preference. People with a high metabolic rate during morning hours would consider morning workouts perfect. In contrast, people with a high metabolic rate later in the day would prefer afternoon workouts as ideal.
3. Which activities would you recommend for mental health fitness?
Any form of physical activity can be beneficial to your mental health. People who exercise regularly tend to experience a sense of overall wellbeing, this includes feeling more energetic throughout the day and being more positive about oneself and life in general. Regular exercising is also known to boost the level of endorphins, serotonin and dopamine which is known to energize your spirit and helps you feel good.
4. What meal plan would you recommend for great winter fitness achievement?
During winter seasons we are more prone to fall into the trap of a sedentary lifestyle which subsequently leads to one indulging in heavy eating. Just as any other month sticking to a meal plan in line with your fitness goals is crucial. Adding soups to your meal plan can come in handy during winter seasons. Apart from all the healthy nutritional benefits, they help keep you warm.
5. Winter season can be a tough season to work out, what encouragements can you give to those finding it difficult to start or to continue working out?
My advice to my clients is to always try and treat winter just as any other day in the gym. Apart from the mental discipline required, I would say put measures in place that would make your winter training sessions as convenient as possible. This includes investing in some winter workout clothes to keep yourself warm, adjusting your training environment e.g., shifting your training indoor. Lastly, as the old saying goes summer bodies are made in winter, therefore try to take advantage of the winter season to get your body ready for the beach.
6. Any exciting winter fitness activities at relentless fitness?
Due to the current COVID19 restrictions, we shifted our workout sessions to a virtual platform to help keep our clients safe. This platform is open to any individual who wishes to work out from the comfort of their home. For this winter we incorporated the BELLY MUST FALL 12-week CHALLENGE to assist clients who wish to get burn belly fat while toning and sculpting their entire bodies.
“The inspiration behind the name RELENTLESS name is to constantly remind our clients that the journey towards obtaining your fitness goals can be quite a rollercoaster, therefore one needs to have a robust mindset of pushing yourself through it all till you hit your goal.” Said Gabriel.
Relentless Fitness program offers the following fitness coaching services:
- High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) Group sessions at West Lane shopping complex. This training is perfect for clients who wish to save time at the gym by burning an immense number of calories in the shortest amount of time.
- Personal Training (one on one), is for clients who wish to train from the comfort of their home or any reasonable location of their choice.
- BMI/Progress tracking, Meal plan and workout plan consultations: “I get to adopt various tools to help my clients’ transition smoothly through the different phases of their fitness journey.”
With the shift in the Health and Fitness landscape around the world due to the current global pandemic, people are taking their health more seriously than ever. With that; Gabriel believes he is quite fortunate to be able to play an instrumental role in assisting people to achieve their health and fitness goals, in terms of growth. “Relentless Fitness is currently enjoying a natural gradual progression all thanks to awesome clients and a good team”
If you are serious about achieving that summer body now, you can contact the Relentless Fitness program @+264 814802034 or on their Instagram: relentless_fitness_program
Written By: Martha S Shipingana.