You will never have to go dine out again in search for the perfect buffalo wings.
You can also follow this recipe on Instagram
time: 30 min to one day
Cook time: 30 min
Servings: 2-3 people
– 6 wings
-2 table spoons of oil
-half a lemon juice
BUFFALO WINGS SAUCE
-hot sauce of choice
-two table spoons of sugar (brown sugar preferably)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BUFFALO WINGS
We start by cutting the wings into drums and flats and can discard the
Tip or use it for chicken stalk. There will be about 12 pieces.
Diana’s TIP: first break the bone between the drum and flat
It makes it so much easier.
1. Mix all the spices together to create a spice mix.
2. In a large bowl add your wings and spice mix together
3. Squeeze the half lemon and add oil to the wings
4. Mix very well, making sure you coat all the wings
5. Cover the wings and let the marinate penetrate though the wings
The longer you let them sit the better.
I let mine sit in the fridge overnight but 30 minutes will do too
6. Place flour in another bowl and lightly coat the wings
Making sure you cover all surface areas.
7. Add oil into your pan and let that heat up
Diana’s TIP: how to know when the oil is ready, take a wooden spoon and
Place it in the pan, if you see bubbles then its ready.
Also don’t fry using olive oil due to its low smoking point
8. Place the wings gently in the pan and let them fry till golden brown.
9. Remove and place on kitchen tissue paper.
BUFFALO WING SAUCE PREPARATION
1. Add the quarter butter in a sauce pan and let that melt
2. Add the sugar, hot sauce, kapana spice, ketchup and soy sauce
3. Bring the heat down and let the sauce simmer and thicken
4. When the sauce can coat the back of your spoon add lemon squeeze.
Finally add the sauce on the buffalo wings and chop fresh coriander leaves
Cook with Diana